Learn more about the on-track action, after-race concerts and best things to do on Yas Island at the 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on November 28 to December 1.
Access to Yas Marina Circuit
- How to get to Yas Marina: 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Getting Around Guide
- Access gates are located along the North and West sides of the circuit
- You are not allowed to bring in food and drink to the circuit.
- Download the circuit map here
Circuit opening times for 2019
- Thursday 28 November: 11:00-18:00
- Friday 29 November: 10:00-20:00
- Saturday 30 November: 10:00-20:00
- Sunday 1 December: 11:30-20:00
- Monday 2 December: 14:00-22:00 (Yas Island National Day)
Public Pit Lane Walk & Driver Autograph Signing
A public pit lane walk (reserved for 3-day ticket holders only) is held on Thursday, 28 November. This year, it takes place between 11:00-16:15 (queue for entrance from 10:30-15:30). The F1 Fanzone behind the Main Grandstand is also open on Thursday. (Note: F1 Experiences activities on Thursday take place from 19:00-20:30) An F1 driver autograph session is also planned for Thursday, but the time has not yet been confirmed.
- Thursday, 28 November: Marshmello (gates open 17:00)
- Friday 29 November: Travis Scott (gates open 18:00)
- Saturday 30 November: Lana Del Ray (gates open 18:00)
- Sunday 1 December: The Killers (gates open 18:00)
As always, the organizers have lined up some big international names for this year’s concerts at Yas Marina, including Sunday headliners The Killers. The concerts take place at Du Arena, a dedicated concert venue located between the North Grandstand and Ferrari World. Doors open at 17:00 (Thursday) and 18:00 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and there’s plenty of food trucks and drink outlets. The headliners usually take to the stage place between 21:00-23:00 each evening, with local support acts on earlier. Don't forget to collect your wrist band for the concert; these are available on the day from the Oasis area behind each of the grandstands at the circuit.
RM Sotheby's Auction
Formula 1 has announced a collaboration with the well-known auction house RM Sothebys at 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. RM Sothebys will stage an auction of over 40 valuable cars (F1, classic, supercars) at the track on Saturday night, including a Ferrari F2002 driven to several victories by the great Michael Schumacher during the 2002 Formula 1 season (this particular car has a reserve of $5.5-7.5m USD). The cars will be on public display at the circuit before Saturday night's auction. Learn more on the RM Sothebys website
The Formula 1 cars take to the track for the first of three practice sessions on Friday at 13:00, qualifying begins on Saturday at 17:00 and the lights go out on the 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Sunday at 17:10. With the event running on a twilight schedule, F1 sessions on Friday, Saturday and Sunday are timed to coincide with the sun going down around 17:30.This year’s support schedule at Yas Marina Circuit also includes FIA Formula 2 and FIA Formula 4 UAE. The former is the premier feeder series for Formula 1; the championship has already been decided in 2019, with Nyck de Vries the winner. Both series stage practice, qualifying and two races over the course of Saturday and Sunday. The cars from the F1 Pirelli Hot Laps Programme will also be hitting the track for flying laps on Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Access the full on-track schedule on Formula1.com here
Thursday, 28 November
|Promoter Activity||Public Pit Lane Walk||11:00-16:15|
|Formula 1||Formula 1 Pirelli Hot Laps||18:30-19:00|
|F1 Experiences||Exclusive Pit Lane Walk & Drive the Track Tour||19:00-20:30|
Friday, 29 November
|FIA Formula 4 UAE||Practice Session||10:30-11:00|
|FIA Formula 2||Practice Session||11:30-12:15|
|Formula 1||Free Practice 1||13:00-14:30|
|Formula 1||Formula 1 Pirelli Hot Laps||14:40-15:05|
|FIA Formula 4 UAE||Qualifying Session
|Formula 1||Free Practice 2
|FIA Formula 2||Qualifying Session||19:00-19:30|
|RM Sothebys Auction Car||High Speed Demonstration||20:15-20:45|
Saturday, 30 November
|FIA Formula 4 UAE||First Race||12:30-13:10|
|Formula 1||Free Practice 3||14:00-15:00|
|FIA Formula 2||Drivers' Parade||15:15-15:45|
|Formula 1||Formula 1 Pirelli Hot Laps||15:50-16:20|
|Formula 1||Qualifying Session||17:00-18:00|
|FIA Formula 2||First Race||18:45-19:50|
|Formula 1||RM Sothebys Auction||21:00-23:30|
Sunday, 1 December
|FIA Formula 4 UAE||Second Race||12:00-12:30|
|FIA Formula 2||Second Race||13:30-14:20|
|Formula 1||Formula 1 Pirelli Hot Laps||14:40-15:00|
|Formula 1||DHL Fastest Lap & Fastest Pit Stop of the Year Awards||15:10-15:15|
|Formula 1||End of Year F1 Drivers' Photograph||15:15-15:20|
|Formula 1||Drivers' Track Parade||15:30-16:00|
|Formula 1||Starting Grid Presentation||15:35-16:05|
|Promoter||Etihad flypast & aerobatic display||16:55-16:56|
|Formula 1||2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix||17:10-19:10|
Yas Island Attractions
The Yas Marina Circuit is not the only drawcard on Yas Island of course, which boasts three theme parks, mall, a world-class golf course and more!
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi: the highlight of Ferrari World is Formula Rossa, the world’s fastest rollercoaster. You’ll also find plenty of the legendary marque’s cars on display, as well as interactive displays, go-karts and more. Open from 11:00-20:00 every day. Adult tickets from 295 AED.
- Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi: Yas Island’s newest theme park, which only opened to the public this July, features six immersive lands themed around Warner Bros. characters, plus 29 rides, retail outlets and restaurants. Open every day from 10:00-20:00. Adult tickets from 295 AED.
- Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi: laid out over 15 hectares and with more than 40 rides, slides and attractions, including the longest suspended rollercoaster in the Middle East, Yas Waterworld is a veritable playground for the whole family. The park is open every day from 10:00-18:00. Adult tickets from 250 AED. (Save when you buy entry to 2 parks over 2 days or 3 parks over 3 days - look for Park Passes)
- Yas Mall: a visit to Yas Mall, located adjacent to the entrance of Ferrari World, can be a welcome respite from the trackside heat. This air-conditioned mall has over 400 shops and almost 100 food outlets plus cinemas and family entertainment venues.
- Yas Links: located near the West entrance of the circuit, Yas Links is rated one of the world’s top 50 golf courses. A round costs from $129-299 USD and we recommend booking your tee time in advance on Grand Prix weekend.
National Day Celebrations on Monday 2 December
Yas Marina Circuit is also open on the day after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix for National Day celebrations (the 48th anniversary of the founding of the United Arab Emirates). The F1 Fanzone and other spectator areas will be open from 14:00-22:00, with a fireworks display set for 21:00. More info here.
Good to Know
- Download the “YasHub” app for easy access to the schedule, maps, trackside information and competitions (2019 information will be available closer to race weekend)
- ATMs are located in each grandstand and you can pay for most trackside purchases with a card. The circuit is also introducing a cashless system for trackside payments this year called Yas Pay.
- Smoking is prohibited in all Grandstands and inside the circuit buildings.
- What to do away from the track: 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Travel Guide
- The F1 Village, located behind the Main Grandstand, features interactive displays, merchandise stalls and plenty of places to buy food and drink. You’ll also find food and drink zones, as well as additional entertainment, located close to the grandstands; the North Oasis and West Oasis are behind the grandstands of the same name, while the South Oasis is located between the Marina and South Grandstands.
- Even if you are not joining us on board the St. David trackside superyacht, it’s still worth taking a walk around Yas Marina itself, where you’ll find some of the best restaurants and hippest parties on race weekend. Learn more about the best trackside parties here
- The circuit is also open on Monday, 2 December to celebrate the National Day of the United Arab Emirates.