From free shuttle buses to taxis and Uber, here’s the best ways to get around at the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix on 19-22 March.
Which airport to fly into?
Serving over 8 million passengers annually, Bahrain International Airport (BAH) is located around 7km northeast of the capital Manama and 35km from Bahrain International Circuit. BAH is the home of Bahrain’s flag carrying airline, Gulf Air, which has direct flights to the Gulf region, Europe and Asia. For long-haul flyers, there’s plenty of connecting flights to Bahrain from larger regional hubs in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, but not from Qatar; a regional diplomatic dispute continues to ground direct flights from Doha to Bahrain. A taxi from the airport to Manama should set you back around 4-8 BHD ($10-20) or you can take the A1 public bus.
How to get around in Bahrain?
- With limited public transport, the best way to get around Bahrain is by taxi, Uber or private car.
- Most taxi drivers are honest, but always insist on using the meter or agree a reasonable fare in advance. Bahrain Taxi (+973 1666 1666) has a good reputation.
- Speedy Motors (+973 1768 2999) and Arabian Taxi (+973 1746 1746). Your hotel can also organise a private, chauffeur-driven car for day trips or to get to and from the circuit. Public buses are cheap and can be good for short trips, but the network is limited and buses are not that frequent. If you want some more freedom to explore Bahrain, renting a hire car is also worth considering. Prices are reasonable and the road network is modern.
How to get to Bahrain International Circuit?
The home of the Bahrain Grand Prix is located in Sakhir, approximately 30km south of the capital Manama (30-45 minutes driving time). Public buses service the general area, but do not go directly to Bahrain International Circuit. Here’s the best ways to get to the circuit:
- Free shuttle bus: the organisers put on free air-conditioned shuttle buses from the airport to the circuit and select hotels, plus daily transfers from the same hotels to and from the circuit. Click here for timetables and more information from 2019. (This information will be updated for 2020 when details of the shuttle service are announced, closer to race weekend.). The following hotels are on the free shuttle bus route, though you can still take the bus if you are staying in a different hotel nearby: Gulf Hotel, Ritz-Carlton, Intercontinental Regency, Sofitel, Downtown Rotana, K Hotel, Best Western Plus The Olive, Ramada City Centre, S Hotel, Swiss-Belhotel Seef, Domain Hotel, Wyndham Garden, Crowne Plaza, Diplomat Radisson Blu, Reef Resort & Spa, Sheraton, Jumeirah Royal Saray, Fraser Suites Seef.
- Uber or Taxi: the fare from central areas of Manama to Bahrain International Circuit should be around 10-15 BAH ($25-40 USD) each way.
- Drive yourself: access to the circuit is easy and free parking stickers are issue for fans who purchase two or more grandstand tickets.
- Staying with F1 Experiences? Daily coach transfers to and from the circuit are provided for our guests at the Ritz-Carlton or Le Méridien hotels.
Official Ticket Packages to the 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix on 19-22 March feature select grandstands and exclusive hospitality in the Formula 1 Paddock Club, plus exciting benefits only available with F1 Experiences!